Wednesday, June 27, 2012

And a heart was captured.

This morning as I sit here on the porch I find it hard to keep my thoughts from wandering.
Half my heart is far away and I miss the place it's at. 


I wonder what baby C is doing now at the babies home? how is Dear B at the hospital?
Does she miss us? What's Charity up to? 
And how did Reverend Prossy's rounds go today?
So many questions. There's a pulling on my heart.
I miss that place I have only been to once.
And could I have even imagined that day when we flew into Entebbe
that it would be so hard to leave? 


 Even the red dirt roads I miss. Driving down them, hair flying in the wind,
waving as hard as we can to the village children as we pass.
I do miss being called Mzungu.


I do miss having a black hand grasp mine and not want to ever let go.
All these things I miss, and I do find it hard to not keep looking back.



The only hope we can all find is in Christ. Because He holds the light. 



He IS the Light. And I trust Him. He holds the key to my future anyhow.
Jesus knows how hard it is. 



Maybe one day I won't have to say goodbye....

1 comment:

  1. seems like your heart really got captured em :) I pray you get another/more opportunities!

    ReplyDelete